Saturday, April 18, 2020

Thank you notes

Good morning all,

I'm on my 3rd cup of coffee and I suppose that makes my brain work faster.  So I began thinking about how to ensure people who donate hardware, software, money etc. get a thank you note from @gr8fullyfeclub, as well as from the recipients of the technology.  I want to model this after #donorschoose, which requires a thank you note and pictures of students using the technology to give back anonymously to their donors.  They have a website that facilitates this, so I need to hone my web design skills to automate as much of this as possible. 

I've started by putting the admin account on every laptop I donate as gr8fullyfeclub (username) and Grateful as the password.  Next, I could make the homepage my blog, so people could leave comments to people who donate that way.  This doesn't enforce it the way that #donorschoose does, but it might lead to some thank yous from recipients.  Further, I could ask that the recipients, when they are on their feet and can donate tech or $, would "pay it forward," someday. 

If anyone has any web design tips that could make this an automated form, where recipients have to fill out a thank you before they could use the laptops or tablets, I'd appreciate it.  I want to ensure that those who donate receive thanks for their donations, and that the recipients appreciate what the donors are doing.  Over the years I have had thousands of dollars of equipment donated by #donorschoose through the generosity of my friends and family and matching donors like the #BillandMelindaGatesFoundation, and many others.  I hope that they saw the pictures of the supplies being used by my students, the heartfelt thank you notes from me, and my own heartfelt thanks and felt good about what they did for my students and me. 

I'd really appreciate any feedback you have, please share this if you're willing.

Sincerely, and always gratefully,

~Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Merry Xmas, Happy Holidays, or just gratitude

 Good morning, Here's hoping that all of you are safe, warm and surrounded by love this holiday.  If you aren't, please ask and I wi...